so the other night, cate brought this drawing in to show me. before she said anything I thought, this is crazy - this looks like she's trying to actually draw something. then, as if on cue, she says "it's a fish, mommy" - not only did she draw an object, but it actually looks like a fish, maybe a bit abstract but a fish nonetheless. (the circle on the right is also a fish, just a little less defined - I just didn't realize it at the time)
well, the pad of paper the drew it on is a mystery pad - we have no idea where it came from. so, I thought MAYBE some other kid drew it, but cate said she drew it. so we asked her to draw a fish, and she did a circle with the lines inside. definitely the same style. so, here are more samples of her fish. this is not a fluke. I know all kids eventually draw objects, but I think this is earlier than most, at least from what I read online. she has always LOVED coloring so it will be interesting to see if she does turn into an artist-type one day! here are a few more samples... anything that's a circle with little lines in it is a fish according to cate. :)
She had a bag of Goldfish with her on our errands that day. perhaps this was her muse?!
1 comment:
Jane - Those are great drawings! Camille has started to draw "things" too...balloons are her big thing. Those are probably the only distinguishable thing that she draws, although she has started to branch out and draw people as well. Usually she tells me that "it's a mean person" or "it's a scary person." Not sure where that came from. Her people are usually not recognizable, although she's heading in the right direction. I just hope someday she starts drawing friendly people!
Post a Comment