Monday, January 07, 2008

Fun with the girls...

Here's a happy shot of Anna. :)

The week Anna was born we had tickets to a local production of the Nutcracker...it was a morning showing for school groups, so they shortened the performance. It was perfect. We got front row seats and Cate was in HEAVEN. Every time new dancers came on the stage she'd say "More ballerinas!" She paid attention the entire show and applauded and everything. It was so stinkin' cute. My mom stayed with Anna so Nate and I were able to go with Cate - it was such a fun morning.

The day Nate's parents left, Cate was playing quietly in her room. She always does this, so I didn't think twice, but Herm thought she might be up to something so he went to check on her. The next thing we know Cate's crying. Sure enough, she had found Pat's makeup bag and was applying her "face" when Grandpa caught her red-handed. Cate isn't normally caught in such situations...guess nobody's perfect! She really does like wearing makeup, which I discovered at Halloween. Anyway, it was pretty dang funny, even though Cate was quite sad.

If Anna had a Native American name it would be "Crazy Hair." When this kid's hair is clean it seriously goes crazy - as you can see. It also looks much lighter when it's clean and all grease-free. This picture kind of makes it look red, but it's just the lighting...she definitely doesn't have any red in her hair. But just wanted to show off the porcupinish quality of her locks...

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Jane - What a pretty baby! You look so great in that Nutcracker picture. I went to Caleb's preschool graduation five days after Chloe was born and let's just say I think I looked better 9 months pregnant! I'm hoping to take the big kids to a performance of the Nutcracker next year. This year we had to settle for it on DVD.

How did Cate like her first day of Primary?

jane maynard said...

Cate liked primary a lot - she was a little hesitant when I dropped her off, but she ended up consoling her friend older than her! :) It was very cute. I was able to keep my eyes dry when I took her...barely. Can't believe she's in primary! and now you have two in primary, amanda! life just goes way too fast.

maren bosley said...

Look at that sweet baby! She's darling! Will had that same hair--even when it was dirty!

That picture of Cate is priceless!

Anonymous said...

As you can see, Cate has been watching carefully as I experiment late in life with a little much needed makeup. I still struggle, like Cate, with where the black stuff on the brush wand thing is supposed to end up!

ellen said...

You look great, Jane! And Anna is beautiful.