Friday, June 13, 2008

Berlin & Paris, Here We Come!

I just booked our apartment in Paris, so now I'm starting to get giddy about our trip this summer! Nate got invited to a conference in Berlin this summer, so Anna and I are going to tag along! We'll be in Berlin almost a week, then we're heading to Paris for a week. We are finally doing our trip to Paris. Yea!!! I'm so excited I don't even care that the cost of our plane tickets is going to put us in the poor house.

So, here's the apartment we're going to stay in: Rue de Beaune

And here is the neighborhood we'll be in: Go to Google Maps and copy & paste "Rue de Beaune, 75007 7ème Arrondissement Paris, Paris, France" in the search field.

Literally a hop, skip and a tiny jump to the Seine, Musee d'Orsay, the Louvre...Paris here we come!

Oh, and how stinkin' cute is this?!?!


Our parents are making this possible by taking Cate the two weeks we're gone. THANK YOU!!!

8 comments:

Margo said...

wahoo! how fun for you. we are going to paris in september so you'll have to give us some tips when you return. we are staying in a hotel that is very close to where your apt is located.

Liz Findlay said...

WOW! Sounds like a movie... Your husband is going to expound on the science mysteries he has uncovered to the world stage in Berlin. Then he is taking you to the Paris underground were he speaks fluently. This is James Bond stuff... and remember that two kisses on the cheeks is custom, but a long one on the mouth is not...


--Dave

Malerie said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds awesome, Jane! And that picture is too precious of Anna.

kim said...

How fun! You'll definately have to post on how Europe is with a baby--I haven't been so brave :)

Aaron said...

suuuwwwwwweeeeeeeeet!

ellen said...

That's very exciting!!!

coreyandseth said...

How fun! Jane you will have a blast..Paris is absolutely beautiful (& walkable!) the Metro is soo easy to use, the food is phenomenal (make sure to get crepes from the street vendors!) and the museums are remarkable. You will thoroughly enjoy yourselves. Have a gerat time!

Anonymous said...

Dave is that similar to the old African saying, "Open lips, loose hips"? Am I remembering that correctly?
Fluently? We will see about that.