Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Second Day of School...

Day 2 of school life for Cate and she already doesn't want to get out of bed in the morning! It took a WHILE to get her to wake up, and then when she was awake she wouldn't get up. She even got back into bed twice after I finally got her out. We have a long 15 years of school mornings ahead of us!!

One quick thing I don't want to forget: Nate's family used to say the following rhyme to his little sister Hannah. So, of course, Nate says it all the time about Anna.

"Anna Banana with the meatball eyes, put her in the oven and you've got french fries."

We don't really know what it means. But it just rolls off the tongue like pure poetry. Except when Cate says it. Here's her version, that she thinks is HILARIOUS, and makes even less sense, if that's possible!

"Anna Banana with the meatball eyes, put her in the oven and you've got LUNCH CAKE!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh poetry- Maynard style. It was originally a jump rope song I think- but ( this makes a tad more sense - tho not much) Eddie Spaghetti with the meatball eyes, Put him in the oven and have french fries.We had to change it up a bit with our poetic license when Hannah was a girl and we could not name her Eddie. Cate's version has fabulous 3 yr. old humor that Abbie will understand perfectly!

Anonymous said...

I temporarily forgot how to spell Abby it seems...is there no going back? No editing opportunity? good thing this blogbit is anonymous

Jessica H said...

Yes- I thought that comment was from my mom- until I saw how the person had spelled Abby. Then I realized- no, it's not mom. :)

Anonymous said...

Wake up habits of a true Maynard...I can honestly sleep through ANYTHING>>alarms clocks, phone, thunderstorms...etc...

ostacy said...

it seems cate has your humor! (hello, remember we couldn't get over "a boy named tatt?") gosh, i hope that was right, but we also used to dance offering different salad dressings with each hand. i can't make this stuff up!

Anne W said...

I hate when I put meatball eyes in the oven and come out with lunch cake. sheeesh. where did that come from?! what a crazy kid.

christian said...

one time i put meatball pies in the leaven and came out with a crazy cate!