Monday, February 16, 2009

hippie chick, hair, and crack kills.

A few fun pictures since I'm feeling guilty for all the stuff I need to post about. This should keep the grandparents happy...for a few minutes at least.

Here's our little hippie chick...shirt is compliments of Auntie Anne, who has a way with tie-dye.

Cate did my hair for me the other morning. She's good, eh? And, yes, I look like I have dreads when I let my hair air dry. Scary.

Cate got a hair cut (see picture above - isn't it cute?). We thought she had crazy bedhead issues when she had long hair...but now it's even better.

Cate is going to HATE me for this one when she's older. Cate's has had this "problem" pretty much since she started wearing pants.

11 comments:

jane maynard said...

for the record, cate's not mad at me yet...I just showed her the crack picture, and she couldn't stop laughing. maybe not in 10 years, but I'll take it for now. :)

It's me, Jenny! said...

Hi Jane,

You'll have to excuse me for posting on your blog. We haven't met yet...but I grew up with Nathan back in NH...so I feel like I know you. I love the crack pic...it reminds me of what my son Hunter said the other day...He came home from school complaining. He said his underwear is too small...he felt a breeze all day!...Needless to say, he got his new underwear and a belt.

Jessica H said...

Jane- such funny pictures. I, also, was hoping that Abby's shorter hair would be easier to maintain... her bed head is much worse now too. first time mothers. we have lots to learn. and, as im sure you remember, the first born is always the guinea pig for everything! oh- on the hair topic- i really can't picture anna with long hair ever. she has such feminine features that i think she could get away with a short little pixie cut if you wanted to keep her hair short. i really just can't imagine her with long hair!

coreyandseth said...

Hey Jane! Cute cut on Cate! Does she still have the curls? I'm afraid to cut Brooke's hair b/c I'm afraid I'll loose her beautiful curls.

jane maynard said...

first off - jenny - so glad you commented! :) and your story is so funny.

jess - we'll have to see what happens with anna's hair. she probably would look cute with short hair forever...but if it grows in curly like cate's did, I may not have the heart to cut it! :) we shall see...

corey - yes, her hair is definitely less curly. so sad. I kept one little ringlet. we had to trim it, though - the ends were awful, even if they looked like pretty bouncy curls from a distance. I've only trimmed cate's hair once before in her entire life...just so scared to lose the curls! it's still wavy, but I don't think it will ever be the same. we'll see as it gets longer. crossing my fingers....

MaWa said...

Her hair is so cute.... Reminds me of some of your dos when you were her age....are you blow drying yet?

sara, ryan, and lucy said...

I still have that problem.

jane maynard said...

don't we all? :)

denebug said...

Love the pictures! We rely on detangling spray for the bedhead and knit dresses with leggings for the crack issues (think hanna andersen)
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Well she has beautiful hair - all those shades on one little head- no matter how long, but we have the most wonderful photo of Cate and cousin Abs from the back last summer at the beach. If I am missing those ringlets I will just stare at that photo for a while. Now the crack... that's another issue altogether... Undies and pants waistlines were somewhere up under your arms when you guys were little...

Anne W said...

1.I can't believe you cut it!

2.Her butt is always hanging out. haha

3.The shirt looks great! I am a master with colors!

love and miss ya.