it's 7:30 pm. I haven't eaten dinner, I have oodles of work to do (which I am grateful for, by the way...even if I do complain)...but the girls are in bed and I'm finally going to sit down and type of a bunch of little things I keep scribbling on this tiny piece of paper which is bound to get lost if I don't take care of it NOW. so, again, this is more for me than anyone else. :)
I think it's time for some cateisms, don't you?
anna was laughing and giggling one morning. cate said, "anna is so gigglish!" is that not the best word?!?!
quote from cate: "I am trying to joke you around."
funny cate words:
whoosagna = lasagna
chopsticks = porkchops, porkchops = chopsticks (at Burma Superstar, cate was using "porkchops," meaning chopsticks. at home, she told me we were going to grill some "chopsticks" on the BBQ.)
after nate finished getting ready one morning, cate looked at him and said, "you look g..." we couldn't hear the word, so nate said, "I look good?" cate replied, "no, you look gay. gay is a nice word."
overheard, cate singing silent night: "silent night, hold on tight"
when pat was here, cate did something. I wish I could remember what it was (pat, do you?). anyway, it doesn't matter so much...pat said to her, "you must be magic!" to which cate replied, in all seriousness, "no, I'm just cool."
I think cate learned this at school...everyone has "bubble space" and you aren't supposed to pop their bubble space. so, the other morning the girls were cuddling with us in bed. someone (who's identity will remain protected) tooted...cate yelled, "that toot popped my bubble space!"
on to little miss anna louisa!
so, despite the fact that anna took her first steps ages ago...she is finally starting to use walking as a mode of transportation, not all the time, but more often. it cracks me up b/c she is a mover and a climber, but she just isn't interested in walking. anyhow, it's super duper cute. we've gotten a little video here and there. babies learning to walk is just so cute!
anna's new favorite word? you guessed it - NO! actually, more like "nuh-OOOOH" - sort of swings up in the middle, drawn out. so so cute, and funny. and since when does she have an opinion? the other day when it was time for her nap I walked over and said, "time for your nap sweetie!" normally she crawls right over to me, but that day she looked up at me, shook her head and said no. it was too funny.
anna finally said cate! but of course I'm the only one who heard it. she said it when I asked her if she wanted to go pick cate up at school. it was very sweet. she's said it a few times since, but like I said, I'm the only witness thus far. oh, and she is very polite...says thank you all the time. love it.
just a sweet thing I don't want to forget about anna. when we put her to bed at night and we put the blanket on top of her, she laughs hysterically. she probably does this 6 out of 7 nights. it cracks us up. don't know why being bundled up is so hilarious, but apparently it is. speaking of blankets and anna...she has a "biss." what do we do to our girls that drives them to the thumb and the blanket? anyway, she is following in cate's footsteps and has attached herself to a green amy coe blanket, which I just learned is no longer available and is around $50 on e-bay...so, we better not lose it. anyway...thanks to aunt sue, she gave that blanket to cate, actually, at her utah baby shower years ago! (kim kormylo was the source of cate's biss, made by carter's, which happens to be the choice of many other youngsters out there). thanks kim and sue for providing our girls with hours of comfort! :) in cate's case, a best friend, too...biss is a girl who we have to talk to occasionally...yeah, she even gets in trouble. ;)
anna seriously knows how to blow her nose. I've never met a baby who blows their nose, but anna does. it's crazy. I LOVE IT, by the way. very convenient. what a little genius, eh? oh! and her third tooth came through on march 1, 2009. crazy. she and cate both had slow teeth, which was fine by me. anyway, anna's are finally starting to come through. I think we have 4 and 5 finally through now, too.
last anna story...we have an old computer keyboard for the girls to play with. I went into their bedroom and anna was sitting at the table with the keyboard in front of her and talking on a toy cell phone. I asked her if she was working...she looked up at me and nodded yes. think she's seen her mom doing that before?
and, again for me, friday the 13th of march was a big day. anna stopped nursing. cate stopped sucking her thumb. and something else happened, but I won't go into detail. needless to say, it was a big, emotional weekend for the maynard girls, but we all held up well considering! by the way, cate is doing AWESOME at the thumb thing. we made her a sticker chart, picked out some great prizes and she is rockin' it. although...we know the habit is not quite broken yet, but she is well on her way. go cate!
okay, I'm going to go eat some dinner now. I am SO relieved I got all of this down. now I can sleep well tonight. good night!
3 comments:
Thanks for catching us up on your girls. I love that Anna can blow her nose. Isaac doesn't blow, but he likes to have his nose wiped (all my other kids regarded this as high torture) and is very fastidious about keeping his hands clean.
okay mrs. maynard, have you been singing broadway around the house? maybe some west side story? that story about cate calling nate gay (in a good way) (okay and i just wrote two rhyming words in a row and now i feel like i'm rapping)is just too hilarious. your girls are such gems!
love hearing the stories about the girls!
grampa herms
Post a Comment