Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hijinks with Anna

Before we get to Anna's hijinks, two cute things Anna said to Mimi when she was in town, plus a funny thing that Cate just said to Nate.

1) Owen's diaper was getting changed...I don't remember the exact situation, but Anna could see his back while he was getting cleaned up. She exclaimed, "Look at your back! I have not seen your whole body!" I guess she has officially seen Owen's whole body now. So cute that she even thought about the fact she hadn't seen his whole body. Funny kid.

2) Anna says to Mimi: Let's go outside, it's really windy out. It will blow our hair. But it won't blow it off, it's not that strong. (Mimi was relieved she wouldn't be losing her hair on the outing.)

3) Nate went to the Stanford game last night. He's re-watching part of the game now, mostly looking to see if we could see our friends' daughter crying in the stands at the end of the game. Cate walked into the family room and said, "Why are you watching the game you went to last night?" Like mother, like daughter. Nate and I just laughed.

Okay, now for the really good Anna story.

One day while Mimi was here I dressed Anna in this cute little pink skirt that used to be Cate's. Apparently Anna grew while I wasn't looking because it was a little smaller than I expected and caused her to have permanent plumber's crack. It was a pretty serious case and had us laughing all day. When it was time for Mimi to go pick Cate up at school, we were running a little late, so Mimi tried to sneak out when Anna wasn't looking so she could go more quickly. Of course Anna caught on and went running to the back porch screaming...

"I. Can't. Stay. Here. With. This. Baby!!!!!!"

As if that line wasn't funny enough (apparently she's having some adjustment issues with the new baby), but this is what she looked like while she was screaming...


3 comments:

Emily said...

i can't stop laughing. wish i knew anna...sad that i don't. miss you!

Malerie said...

Haha! This is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh this morning, cute Anna!

Ash said...

Love it!