The other day in the car Cate asked me, "Mom, why can't you marry your brother?" I told her that brothers and sisters are too much alike so if you had kids they would get sick. Man it's hard to explain genetics under the gun! ANYWAY...
This question led to further discussion of marriage...
Cate: "Guess who wants to marry me, Mom, but I'm still not sure?"
Me: "Aidan?" (he's a boy who's been in her class for two years...they're good buds...he's adorable)
Cate: "Yes!"
Me: "So you're not sure if you want to marry Aidan?"
Cate: "No."
Silence for about 30 seconds.
Cate: "It's good for dads to be funny. Then they can be silly with their kids and have fun."
Me, knowing Aidan has a good amount of silliness in his bones: "Is Aidan funny?"
Cate: "Yeah."
Me, thinking to myself, "She's contemplating what kind of father he will be! Oh no! This is getting serious!"
Anna: "When I get married, I want to marry Emily." (Emily is her best little bud at school)
Cate, laughing: "Anna! You can't marry a girl! If you marry a girl, you'll have too many kids!"
Me: silent and trying not to let the girls see me laughing hysterically (but silently) in the front seat
2 comments:
hahaha. I'm crying.
Seriously, these two come up with the best one-liners ever
Jenny just read that to me, and I was laughing so hard. I hope to meet you guys in person someday, and not just blog and instagram! Maybe out next trip should be to the Bay..
Post a Comment