He's done it again...Owen's gone and aged another month! Happy 5 months birthday, little guy!
- He's starting to learn how to put his pacifier in the right way all by himself. This was a trick he impressed Grandma Blomquist with, leaving her to think he's a total genius...which he is, of course. He actually did it today in the car while I was putting the stroller in the trunk. All of the sudden I could hear all this yelling and was convinced one of the girls was crying about something, but when I opened the door it was just Cate yelling with excitement about Owen sticking the binky in his mouth. Pretty cute.
- On January 31, Owen sat up for the first time...and Cate cheered! (Are you sensing a theme here? Cate is the best cheerleader in the family by far. even when she was totally drugged out with her broken arm and could barely talk, when I told her anna had gone tinkle in the potty all by herself, she sat up and faintly said, "Oh, Anna!" with pure delight. I love that girl...but I digress) So, anyway, Owen sat up for probably a good 20 seconds or so, did it again, and THEN dad came in the room and he wouldn't do it again...of course. He has definitely NOT mastered the skill, but he did it again yesterday, so I think he's getting closer!
- On February 3 Owen finally rolled from back to front all by himself! As the month has progressed he can now keep rolling all the way across the room. I think he still only rolls to the right, which is pretty funny.
- He is always grabbing his toes. I think this might be the cutest thing ever, next to puppy dogs of course.
- Owen is getting very good at reaching for things and picking them up. Still doesn't have total control, but he definitely can do it and he loves playing with toys. It's amazing to me how that skill has developed over the last month. Babies just change so fast!
- Owen took his first plane ride! Grandma Blomquist had a rough January, so we decided to surprise her for her 83rd birthday with a little visit from Owen, her second newest great-grandchild (way to steal the spotlight, Sophie...just KIDDING.) Owen and I had to fly through Phoenix to get to SLC (dumb) but he was an ANGEL for all four flights on our trip. As we would leave the plane people (including airline employees) kept saying he was the best behaved baby ever. Go Owen! He was actually an angel all weekend...he didn't cry at all until we landed in SFO at the end of the trip. The first day we were in Utah he hung out with the Findlays for the morning (Linda is an excellent babysitter), then we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Blomquist's. They had no idea we were coming, so I just walked back into their room and surprised them...Grandpa didn't even know it was me for a little bit! Owen laid next to Grandma on her bed for I think SIX hours that day, just being cute and napping. It was the best birthday present he could have ever given her. I am so so so glad we went on this trip...we had some fun with the Hansens down in Provo for a bit then headed back up to SLC for Grandma's birthday and to see Auntie Anne and Grandma Phyllis, who also came in for the birthday surprise. It was a wonderful day filled with lots of great family time!
- The next weekend Owen came along on a girls' weekend to Carmel. What a good sport. He was, again, totally well behaved, despite having gotten shots that very day.
- One of the funny things about Owen (besides all the raspberry blowing that goes on) is that he's always pulling blankets and burp rags over his face. He often does it right before he goes to sleep. It's sooooo funny. I need to get a good photo of it. The other night he pulled it over his face and then tooted. I think that might have been the funniest use of the technique.
- At his 4 month appointment he was 13 pounds 13 ounces
- He loves playing patty-cake and buzzy bee - makes him totally laugh
- Owen has discovered his voice. If he wants something, he now knows he can yell about it. And so it begins...
I've decided the term bouncing baby boy was created to describe Owen, as was the word scrumptious.
We love you, Owen! I can't believe you're 5 months old already! We are SO happy and thankful to have you in our little family!
![]() |
| Owen and Grandma Blomquist hanging out |
![]() |
| There's one of his dimples! |
![]() |
| Owen and the Growing Giraffe! |









2 comments:
I wish I could invent new words that would come close to describing grandchildren - they are beyond words... Amazingly amazing... Love you all so much! Happy 5 months Owen!
Scrumdiddlyumptious? So happy you are so happy Owen! How can you lose - surrounded by a wonderful bunch of cheerleaders! Grrrrrroooowwww Owen!
Post a Comment