This post is a few days late, but it's here nevertheless! Happy 7 Month Birthday, Sweet Owen!
A few things I don't want to forget from your 7th month:
- Owen can officially sit up all on his own! Actually, it was pretty funny...right after he turned 6 months, I was giving him a bath and let him sit up to splash a bit. I was expecting to be holding him up the whole time, but he was pretty much holding himself up. I thought it was the cushiony sponge he was sitting on helping him out, but when we got out of the tub and tried sitting on the floor, we realized he could actually sit on his own! It was a fun and unexpected discovery! As the month has progressed he's gotten better and better and his head has only had a few encounters with the floor.
- Owen's swing is right by my desk, so if we turn it the right way he can see the screen. The screen saver is a family photo slideshow, which he already loves watching. A few times we've caught him laughing as the pictures come up on the screen. One night in particular he was laughing hysterically, especially when pictures of himself popped up. It was so funny!
- Owen is really discovering his voice. The kid can be LOUD when he wants to be...whether it's happy noises, jibber jabber, anger, crying, whatever...his vocal chords are getting exercised well.
- He raises his arms now when we approach and he wants to be picked up. Maybe one of the cutest things ever.
- Owen loves to give his mom kisses. If he's in a kissy mood, all I have to do is kiss his cheek a bunch of times, then turn my head and he attacks my face with his wide open mouth. He totally thinks it's funny and loves doing it. If I say "Are you gonna give mama kisses?" he totally does it. It's hilarious. He hasn't done it much to anyone else yet...we think Dad's beard is just too scratchy!
- Owen has stinky toots. We don't remember the girls having stinky toots. Owen's got 'em. And as stinky as it is, it's pretty endearing, too, for some strange reason.
- Owen has started laughing really hard when other people do silly things. We were at the girls' swim lessons a few weeks ago and a little boy was playing with his shirt and Owen would not stop laughing. Then a few days later we were leaving Happy Hollow (a little amusement park) and a boy was running silly in front of us and again Owen was in stitches! Just last night Annie Pants was doing a silly dance and Owen started laughing it up. It's so cute!
- Okay, this last thing is still up for debate...but there have been three occasions where Owen is wanting me, and when he just can't take it any more, we SWEAR he said "mama." the first time he did it and one of my friends heard it. the second time nate heard it. the third time nate and anna heard it and anna even said (without ever having heard us say anything about this), "owen just said mama." I KID YOU NOT as I was typig this very bullet, owen is in the swing behind me starting to get fussy. he turned his head and said "ma" and when I looked at him he smiled. okay, that's four times! maybe he really is saying it? I don't know! seems crazy!
And now, the pictures! And I did in fact take these ON his 7 month birthday, even if I didn't post them until a few days later. :)
 |
| Owen is growing! |
 |
| Mom. Really. Do I have to lay by this 'growing giraffe' AGAIN? |
 |
| Just hanging out. Still no effort to crawl, which is just fine with Mom! |
 |
| Sitting up like a big boy! |
A boy and his sister's truck.
 |
| "Okay, this is the last picture, right?" |
5 comments:
What a guy!!!
What a guy!!!
He is sooooo cute - loved my chance to get in a bit of hugging, kissing and inhaling baby - and two little girls!
sorry to ask - but did I miss May 25th?
Great stuff! What a cutie!!
Post a Comment