Since Owen's 11 month birthday is just days away, figured I better get his 10 month post up! We were on the Cape when Owen turned 10 months old. I did get pictures taken - I even was crazy enough to drag the green quilt and growing giraffe cross country for the photos!
I just pulled up my notes for this post, and, well, I didn't make very many! So, just a few quick things:
- Owen started growling during his 10th month. It was pretty funny!
- The weekend of July 6 Owen suddenly started waving at people all the time. He would hold his hand up and curl his fingers in and out. SOOOO CUTE.
- That same weekend he started using the word mom and mama all the time, which, of course, melted my heart.
- During this month Owen started doing the "Owen Scoot." Here's how it works. He gets up on his right foot, then onto his left knee, sort of wiggles and twists the kneeling leg, which moves him forward, then sits again, then repeat. It is a surprisingly fast mode of transportation! It was pretty funny that month, I didn't always see him actually scooting, but suddenly he'd be across the room. Very sly!
- When he gets excited...and even when he's not...he often sits with his feet off the ground. We think he must have super strong ab muscles!
- Owen tans! I put baby sunscreen on and everything and he browns right up, in fact he's got a cute little farmer tan going on (you can see it in some of the photos below)
- Right around his 10 month birthday he started clapping (happened pretty much the week we were on the Cape) - he is a fabulous clapper!
- When we first got out East, cousin Colby had a play sword and would swing it down and yell "Hi-Yah!" really loud. Owen totally picked up on it and LOVED it. Every time Colby would say "Hi-Yah!" Owen would pause for a moment then make the same grunting noise, his own version of Hi-Yah. It would make the whole family laugh every time, and I think it made Colyb feel pretty special! :)
The 10 month birthday photo shoot ended up being way to stinking cute and I took waaaaayyyyy too many pictures. Here are some of the favorites.
 |
| Owen and his Growing Giraffe |
 |
| Owen is getting sick of taking photos on the green blanket. Just two more months, buddy! |
 |
| I can clap! |
 |
| I can scoot! |
 |
| I can look super duper crazy happy and cute! |
 |
| I can be coy. |
 |
| I can be GQ. |
 |
| I can be the sweetest thing you've ever seen. |
 |
| This is what I do when I get excited! In this particular instance, my buddy Mac is approaching! |
 |
| Hi Mac! Should we play? Your mouth looks interesting... |
 |
| Owen is not phased by a little nip! Bring it on, Mac! |
 |
| Oooo...this thing back here looks interesting...hahahaha! |
 |
| Mac: "Are we done yet?" |
2 comments:
Hey Jane, I love your blog. Owen is the cutest! I hope you wonky mind me visiting your blog periodically. Is there anything you can't do? Cooking blog and this one.
Stop his snuggly cuteness! I miss him!! And you too, I guess :)
Post a Comment