We are excited to announce some big news!
After many years of hard work at UCSD and Stanford, Nate will be completing his post-doc in January and we will be heading to San Diego! Nate just signed with a very cutting-edge research institute, where he will work closely with an uber-famous scientist. I foresee them changing the world!
I am SO happy for Nate. It's a wonderful opportunity for him and a great evolution of his career. Good job, sweetie!
Nate starts early January and the rest of us will follow him to San Diego a few weeks after that.
We are super excited about this opportunity and can't wait to get back to San Diego. On the other hand, we have been so blessed here in the Bay Area. When I start to think of the myriads of people that have touched our lives here, I get overwhelmed with gratitude. In fact, typing that sentence made me cry. Between work, blogging, schools, church and our town Menlo Park, we have been blessed by an intricate and supportive network of people who have loved us and served us through tough times and happy times. We will be forever grateful for all of your friendships, Bay Area friends. Thank goodness for this high-tech time of the world we live in...we are never further than a video chat away!
Congratulations, Nate!!!
6 comments:
Congratulations! but also sad for us. I'm happy for you guys and a new move with a cool job. It's good to know that it does happen at some point and that you don't stay students forever.
amazingly, ashley, it doesn't last forever! :) I'm a little apprehensive leaving the academic student life, actually...nate's schedule has been so flexible for so long. it will be good to start this new phase, though!
Dr. Maynard enters the work force! Congrats to the whole gang!!!
Congrats to you guys! So happy for you. Can't believe you're going back!
How sad and wonderful! I wish you an organized and easy move.
What a great opportunity! I am happy for you!
Post a Comment