Friday night Nate and I went to the Red Sox-Padres game, and thankfully the sox won that night! It was a fun game. Apparently everyone and their dog wanted to go to the games this weekend...I bought our tickets before the season started, and all I could get was park passes (standing only). The weekend sold out during spring training- crazy! We were lucky we got in at all. Here's Nate right after the big win - happy red sox fans in the background :)

Like I said, this was a POPULAR weekend to go see the padres. NOBODY left the game early. We finally got some seats...after the game was DONE. This pregnant lady is a TROOPER.

For Nate's birthday on Saturday we went to the Zoo. It was a lot of fun. Cate just wanted to see "more bambis" - who knew anyone went to the zoo to look at deer? Here's dad and daughter on the Skyfari.

When we were walking around, we saw this CRAZY sight...they were moving a leopard on a leash, just walking him down the street. They had to tell everyone not to move, etc. It was interesting - they also had a dog walking with them. Anyway, it was pretty cool. Here's the leopard peaking through to get a good look at Cate. :)

The Children's Zoo is always fun - Cate was more hesitant than ever before in the petting corral, but she had fun. I STILL have NEVER been able to get her to pose in this perfect pictures spot...little stinker. Doesn't matter what age she's been, just is determined I don't get her on film looking like a bug.

Saturday night Cate and I threw Dad a party. Cate was VERY excited to help wrap presents, coloring cards, making balloons to hang on the wall, making the cake, etc. And she sang "Happy Birthday" perfectly when the time came! It was really fun and cute preparing the party with her. Here she is with the final product!

Before the party started, every time I turned my back cate would grab a big hunk out of the birthday cake. Tricky girl. She eventually got into trouble, but it was still funny. As you can see, Cate also picked out the candles and placed them in the cake.

Here's the birthday boy!

Cate was so cute about Nate's birthday present...she REALLY wanted to get him "colors & paper" and that's it. She was super excited to give it to him. Of course, as soon as it was open she couldn't wait to get her hands on daddy's present (I left the devil eyes in there for effect).

Here she is enjoying her gift to Dad.
3 comments:
Hey Jane,
The animals you seen on leashes at the zoo are “animal ambassadors”. They are actually raised with the dogs you see with them. The dogs keep them calm and comfortable with people (yeah, we go to the zoo too much).
that is so INTERESTING...I'll go tell nate about it now. hey - you might as well go to the zoo that much - it's such a great place. I need to get there more...thanks, marie!
Jane - I love that Cate got into Nate's birthday cake...sounds like my critters. (You can read about the time last week when my kids got into chocolate cupcakes on my blog.) And that's a super cute purse you're holding in that picture of you at the Sox game. Glad things are going well for you. Are you feeling better these days?
Post a Comment