
I know she looks like she's in pain here, but Cate really is smiling, mostly because she knows she's FINALLY going to get cake. She kept asking for it all night long, and kept singing "happy birthday" to herself b/c she knew cake comes after the birthday song...we couldn't believe the manipulations she was trying to get that cake! It was really funny.
The BEST part of my birthday was my nephew, Colby James Hansen, was born JUST in time to share my birthday! So fun! Welcome to the world, Colby - we cannot WAIT to meet you!

Here are a few more recent pictures. One quick story first...I've been fighting a cold for over a month now. Last week it caused me to completely lose my voice. I had to whisper and I told Cate I lost my voice...she looked thoughtful for a moment then said "I think you dropped it on the floor." It was so cute - gotta love the kid logic.
So, Cate has been taking her purse everywhere she goes lately. The other day while she was napping, I took a quick snapshot of what she carries with her. She always has that little paper coloring book, 3 pairs of sunglasses, 3 ballerinas, a penny and her brush. The strawberry shortcake dolls were a special addition this day. So cute to see what a 2 year old needs when she goes out...
Here's how I found the party girl yesterday in her bed when she would NOT go to sleep for a nap...she is not allowed to go to college. (yes, that's underwear)
A few weeks ago Cate started music classes and biddy sports. Here she is right before her first music class, which she LOVED. It's only been 3 weeks and she has all the songs memorized and just LOVES class and playing instruments. It's a blast, for her and for me.
Here she is right before her first biddy sports class...sadly the smile did not last for long. She literally cried the entire 45 minutes and would NOT participate. The whole time I just kept thinking, how am I going to do this 5 more times?!?! I kept doing everything the kids were supposed to do, hoping Cate would follow suit. Of course she didn't so I was the only mom out there doing stretches and soccer drills with a bunch of 2 year olds, pregnant to boot. Embarassing. Thank goodness the next week was a night and day difference...she LOVED it and now she likes going to biddy sports. PHEW. Nate's especially relieved since he's scared our kids are all going to be about as athletic as I am...
4 comments:
Loved the pic with the underwear on the head! Priceless. Reminds me of that time you find some underwear in our apartment...looks like Nate spoiled you as always on your birthday. Nothing new for you love birds, though. :) Wish we could have shared it with you because I loooove that chocolate cake! I knew you loved us when you shared some with us....
You do not look pregnant in that picture! Where is all the baby weight? You look fabulous by the way and I love your new hair. Cate is growing up to be a cutie pie! In that picture with the green shirt, she looks a lot like Nate.
And, Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday! Love all the new pictures... I've been waiting for a post.
Post a Comment