Saturday, December 08, 2007

Still no baby...

not to get any hopes up out there, but I AM having contractions...all week in fact. hopefully they'll stop teasing me (and making me uncomfortable and unable to sleep) soon!!! anyway, keep checking in as I THINK we'll have a baby announcement soon enough (we better!).

last night we took cate to see santa. she kept saying she was going to sit on his lap, but when push came to shove she kept a 2 foot distance at all times. she did sit on the stool next to him so the picture FINALLY doesn't have mom and dad feeling stupid sitting on santa's knee. I'll scan the picture in later...it's cute. anyway, she did like talking to him and asked for 2 cars (matchbox cars)...when he asked if she wanted anything else she said "a piano for my mommy so she can play christmas songs." this was the cutest thing she could have said for two reasons: first, the other day I said how I wish I had a piano so much and I really feel it at christmas, and ever since her mission has been to get me a piano from santa. second, we just LOVED that when santa asked her what else she wanted for christmas, she thought of me instead of herself. what a sweetheart.

off to enjoy more contractions.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Good luck, Jane! We'll be thinking about you and can't wait to hear when Cate will have a little sister!

You should check Craig's List for pianos. Sometimes there are some really great deals.

maren bosley said...

Yay Jane!!! Keep us posted on how things are going!!!

Ditto what Kerri said. When we were in the bay area we bought an upright piano for ONE DOLLAR! And it was in great condition--just needed a tuning!

jane maynard said...

thanks guys!

oh, to have a piano...better wait and see how "big" our apartment is in palo alto. I'm sure since it's so cheap up there it will be huge. :)