
This past month has been a big month of changes for Cate. Thankfully she is adjusting to everything very well. I was a little anxious for her, but she really is doing so great. Okay, here are the changes: 1) Baby sister born 1 week before Christmas and the day before her 3rd birthday. 2) Cate starts going to Primary (for those of you who don't know what that is...Primary is where the 3-12 year olds go during Sunday School time at church). No more nursery for our big girl! 3) Cate gets potty trained. She's doing awesome at it, by the way! 4) Cate gets a big girl bed. 5) First haircut! Yup, she's NEVER had scissors touch her hair until yesterday...and the only reason it even happened now is because her ends were pretty dry. Just a trim and a little layering to keep those curls bouncing!
Seriously, that is a LOT for a little 3 year old to deal with...but like I said, she's been great. Here she is with our friend Brittany, who cut Cate's hair.


Cate with her new bed...she's saying "I'm a big girl" here. :)

Anna's political savvy has started young...

...but her taste in adventure flicks is a little scary. Conan the Barbarian? Really, Anna?

Cate's sense of style is very fine tuned...jeepers. When we took Anna to the doctor this week, I got Cate dressed, did her hair, she was looking pretty cute. We get out to the car and I look at her...she's moved her headband down so it goes across her forehead and she's wearing the craziest rainbow baseball cap ever. It was really funny. And I realized the other day the quantity of Cate laundry has decreased lately...only because she just wants to wear her nightgowns and summer dresses ALL THE TIME ("so I can spin, mommy"). Anyway, here's a sampling...

I've been meaning to compare baby pictures between Anna and Cate. With each day Anna looks less and less like Cate. She definitely has her own look about her. Here they both are on Christmas morning the year they were born...1 week old. First Cate...

Here's Anna. Funny to notice...Cate has a hat and is laying on a blanket, to protect her from that very dangerous floor. Poor second child...parents totally unconcerned for her health and safety ;)

And here they both are around 2 weeks old...Cate on left, Anna right.

Kind of hard to tell in these pictures...I'll try to get a good comparison shot in the next few weeks. :)
5 comments:
that made my day. Thank for sharing. I can only say that Cate must have gotten her keen fashion sense from her mother. :)
Too CUTE! I really loved 3...It was Chloe's year. 4 hasn't started out quite as well. Cate and Anna are just beautiful. I absolutely think they have their own look. My girls are the same--different little people. Its nice.
Your girls are ADORABLE!!! Cate looks like she's all personality! So fun!
i hope you've started a silly journal for that girl. are you kidding?? daddy's ballerinas? how cute. love the shots you got with cate and me.. send copies. would love them.!! cate was so much fun. me and cate need to hang out more. k thats it. we'll just set up a play date. is that how it works? im new to this mom thing.and the lingo. oooooooooo i just want to cuddle with anna and let her just sleep on my chest.
Seeeeesh...I wanna come see you guys! Glad things are going so great.
Love you!
Post a Comment