Friday, February 08, 2008

Quiet Day at Home

The last 8 weeks have been so nice...just relaxing at home with the girls most days. I need to start exercising again and freelance work is starting to pick up, but I still feel calm and happy with these two cuties. Today was a nice quiet day - Anna's slept a lot.

Cate & I spent the morning making valentine's cards. I took WAY too many pictures of that process, but here's my favorite.

Funny things Cate has said recently:
- At dinner Cate says to Nate: "You're a good boy." She said this with complete seriousness.
- My friend Lindsay stopped by yesterday with her 10-mo old son Seth. Cate didn't want him playing with ANY of her stuff. Near the end of the visit Cate says to Lindsay, "You need to go home now." Nice. While pointing at innocent and well-behave Seth, "That boy is too crazy." Double nice.
- Cate wanted me to help her do something the other day that I had told her she could do by herself. She followed me into the other room and said, "Pull up my pants!" I said, "You can do it, Cate!" to which she responded, "I don't have time for this." I wonder where she got that from...
- Yesterday she told me, "Making messes is my favorite thing! So! So! So!"
- As I was typing this post Cate came walking in the room with the phone. She says, "Mommy, she wants to talk to you." she hands me the phone - and sure enough there's someone on the other end! Luckily it was Aunt Barbara and not a client! :) Apparently Cate turned the phone on, but she never said anything...just brought it to me. So funny. That is the first time she's ever answered it, so I guess she's still figuring out the finer points.
- Cate to mom: "My belly is so big! Just like yours, mommy!" Give me a break, kid! It's only been 8 weeks!
- The other afternoon Cate and I went out to the park, but none of her friends were there, which kinda bummed her out. But we stayed out and played anyway. Then her friend Hannah came out...Cate ran towards her exclaiming, "Oh Hannah!! I know you would come!!" It was quite the reunion and so cute.

Anna is smiling back at us so much now! And starting to really try to make noises. It's SO STINKIN' CUTE. Newborns are the best.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your girls are adorable. I am feeling pretty jealous!

Anne W said...

I love her little hands with those little marker marks. The one on TWFD is an even better hands shot.

jane maynard said...

anne - there are WAY more where that came from! you can't believe how many pictures I took, and some super cute hands shots. :)

tiffany - you're so sweet. hey, if you really want to do some pictures sometime just email me and we'll see if we can set something up! :)

Mark & Deidra Smith said...

I could just eat her up!!! I miss that little lady. My favorite is still her response to my high heels.. too cute! Give Cate a big smooch for me...muahh!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so precious. I love to hear about fun things that little ones say. It reminds me of when mine were little. I wish I had been as creative and good about writing things down. Thanks for sharing.