Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Anna the Amazing!

Okay, time for a little report on Anna the Amazing!


She really, truly crawled for the first time on Friday - yea for Anna! She's been getting up on her hands and knees a lot the last few weeks and she's been scooting around on her belly like crazy. But she kind of got it all together on Friday. It's so cute. She's not quite to where she is crawling all the time for transportation, but she's close! AND...yesterday she was lying on her stomach...got herself up on hands & knees...and then pushed herself up to sitting. Go Anna!

We went to the first Stanford football game of the season on Thursday night (more on that later), where we discovered that she can stand on her own when she's holding on to something...in this case, the back of the bench we were sitting on.

In addition to her athletic prowess, she's pretty smart too. She was playing with some toy plastic plates of Cate's tonight. I picked two up and banged them together. Then I gave her the plates back and she did what I did. Then I started putting a plate on her head like a hat...it would sit there for a little bit and then inevitably fall. She was laughing like crazy, it was so cute. So, to try to make it even funnier, I'd put a plate on my head as well. After she saw me doing that, whenever I'd put a plate on her head she'd reach up and take the plate off of her own head. What a genius! :) And then she clapped right along with us as we cheered her on.

It's just so fun to watch our little babies grow and start learning things. The plate stuff is so simple, but it really is amazing what it represents, watching their little brains working. It never grows old.

We love you, happy little Anna!

5 comments:

Malerie said...

She has such pretty eyes, Jane. And it's no surprise she's so smart :)

Anonymous said...

This kid is going places! She is changing quickly and is of course brilliant and talented as well as adorable.

MaWa said...

Ditto on bigmimi comments (although bigmimi I think you should change your name to minimimi or is that too close to mini me)

Anna is SO CUTE!!!! I can't stand it - tell me again why you live a continent away???

MaWa said...

I do understand why some grandparents follow their children (well really the grandchildren) around as they move...

Anonymous said...

I love her....coolest ever....
I always wonder what she's thinking..Awesome picture....