I found another little sheet of paper with notes...better write these down or I'll totally forget what they mean. :)
Cate-ese:
Bedgie: wedgie
Stersty: thirsty
Breckstest: breakfast
Beaufiful: beautiful
When Cate saw my friend Deidra in, oh, January...Deidra was wearing heels. Cate, who had recently received some dress-up shoes exclaimed, "My shoes go up too!" It was really cute. She still refers to high heels as "shoes that go up." On a related note, trying on shoes at a store is absolutely one of her most favorite things to do.
When my Dad was in town back in, oh, March...the following conversation occurred. Cate: "I want to cuddle with you." Mom (Jane): "Why don't you go cuddle with Grandpa?" Cate: "His stomach is too big. Sometimes Grandpas get big stomachs." Note, like Nate, Grandpas stomach isn't big. Cate should be a personal trainer or work for Jenny Craig or something when she grows up. She's a tough coach!
First time Anna rolled over (was from her front to back) was on March 17...the day of Nate's PhD defense. She knew it was a big day, so she followed suit! She did it right before we all left for the defense. It was a good omen of things to come that day. :) A few more Anna things I jotted down...She was SUPER SMILEY early on...definitely by 2 months. She still is. She smiled at everyone who looked at her at the grocery store today. I love it. I also wrote down that she was sleeping 11-12 hours per night at 3 1/2 months...unfortunately our summer travels totally spoiled her! She was always in the same room as me for 5 weeks and in places where she couldn't cry at night...needless to say I spoiled her and now, well, she's spoiled! We're trying to re-train her...come on, Anna...sleep sleep sleep! We still love her, though. :)
One more cutie-patootie Cate thing...in April she always called me "mother." It was so funny. Don't know if she picked that up from the Little Bear books or what, but it was really cute. She kind of stopped, but it still comes out once in a while.
Okay, done!
1 comment:
i love shoes that go up too.
that is freakin hilarious.
ps. you never called me back. guess you don't want visitors.stinker.
Post a Comment