Friday, January 01, 2010

Funny stuff

Just a few funny things Cate has said recently that I don't want to forget:
  • This week we got together with our friends Aaron and Lindsay. Cate was wearing a black skirt with black knee-highs that had white stripes at the top of the socks. I had told her that Lindsay would like her socks. Sure enough, when Lindsay saw Cate she commented on how she liked her socks. When I was getting Cate in the car a few minutes later I said something like, "See, Lindsay did like your socks. They're so cool!" Then Cate asked me, "Is Lindsay a fan of cool things?"
  • Last night we went to a New Year's party at Cate's friend Nathan's house (thanks to Rachel and Simon, Nathan's parents, for letting the kids turn their house into what looked like a frat house post-party!). When we got in the car to come home Cate said, "That was a fun party. Nathan always throws such nice parties."
  • When Cate was getting ready for bed last night, Anna was making a fuss about her pajamas. I told Anna she couldn't change (I know, I'm so mean). Nate came in a few minutes later and told Anna she could switch PJs. Cate then said, "Mommies are the only ones who make the rules because they're the ones who buy the houses." While I thought that was pretty great, I did clear things up and told her Mommies AND Daddies make the rules together. Nate concluded that she thinks I'm the only one who works and that he's just going to school like her. She's so cute...and apparently a feminist.

Time for a few Anna tidbits.
  • I don't let the girls play with my iPhone, but Nate lets them play with his. The other day I discovered that Anna had my phone, so I started to approach her and said, "Anna, that's my phone, please give it to me." She backed away telling me, "No, Daddy's phone! Daddy's phone!" Who knew she was so smart?
  • Anna is the most cuddly kid ever. We LOVE it. It's seriously crazy how much she loves to snuggle and has no concept of personal space. It's the best.
  • She says "I love you" all the time and loves to give Cate goodnight kisses.
  • Anna LOVES the moon and says goodnight to it all the time. It is SO sweet when she's out looking for the moon.
  • She is just such a delightful toddler...I think we say "She's so cute" at least 1000 times a day!
  • She has the CRAZIEST sense of style. She's always accessorizing and has strong opinions about what she wants to wear. She can most often be found with a cute (normal) outfit buried beneath a skirt or two, a tutu and mardi gras beads.

8 comments:

Anne W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne W said...

It has been TOO long since I saw those two. This must be changed immediately. Until then, give them hugs from me.

Malerie said...

I'm anxious to see how Anna's style evolves. I bet she'll be some fashionista in New York! Hope you guys had a great Christmas and New Year!

Nikki CB said...

That pic of Anna is ridiculously cute. I can understand why you say she is cute 1000x a day.

This is awesome: Nate concluded that she thinks I'm the only one who works and that he's just going to school like her.

Isn't she kind of right, though? ;)

jane maynard said...

malerie - nate's little sister hannah had the same sort of crazy style as a kid...and now she is a fashionista in new york! I think you might be on to something. :)

nikki - ha ha!

anne - come visit soon!

Valerie said...

Anna and Alyssa have a lot in common. It's all about the mardi gras beads...

Amy said...

We have the same double standard about iPhones at our house. I hate it when the kids delete my apps, but somehow Paul is ok with it.

The Mostess said...

Love the outfit. You can never go wrong with Mardi Gras beads.

Unless you're actually in New Orleans.