Thursday, December 09, 2010

a little fact about princesses

so, anna has started referring to herself as "princess" about half of the time. "mom! princess is awake!" "princess wants cereal." it's really funny and cute.

when nate got home today, I started to tell him about another of the cute princess anecdotes. here's exactly what I told nate:

so, today anna said to me, "princesses don't wear diapers." and I said {with a bit of attitude}, "oh really? well, what does it look like I'm doing here?"

nate looked and me and said, "you wear diapers? AND you're a princess? well, that's TWO things I learned about you today that I never knew!"

yeah, I neglected to mention at the start of my story that I was changing Anna's diaper at the time of my conversation with her. it was ANNA'S diaper I was referring to. I swear!

all night long, whenever I think about the line "what does it look like I'm doing here?" I start laughing uncontrollably. I wonder how long it will take for me to get over it...

6 comments:

Emily said...

laughing so hard i'm crying.

Anne W said...

Referring to herself as "princess"... hilarious. even more hilarious is that it's in the third person.

Anonymous said...

So funny that a 2 years old (almost 3) is such an authority about Princesses

Anonymous said...

So funny that a 2 years old (almost 3) is such an authority about Princesses


Grampa Herms

I forgot to add my name

Petit Elefant said...

I'm tempted to wear diapers. A lot. Think of the time we could save!

jane maynard said...

ali - just more proof for anna that princesses CAN wear diapers. do it. ;)