Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Haircut and First Grade!

Last week Anna had her FIRST HAIRCUT! Yes, she's almost 4 and it's the first time scissors have touched her hair. Since she's so old, it was painless and easy. She was such a good girl! The lock I kept for her {sorely neglected} baby book has a tinge of green from a summer of swimming!

Cate got a haircut too. She's an old pro. This time we put some long layers in and her hair is as gorgeous as ever!

Yesterday Cate started FIRST GRADE. I can't believe we have a first grader. It blows me away. Her first grade teacher seems wonderful. She loves frogs and has them all over the classroom, and she reminds us of Ms. Glass from the Fancy Nancy books.

She may be a big first grader, but her book bag reminds us how small she still is.


Cate has her very own desk for the first time ever. She gets to go to recess three times a day. And she's uber excited about a family reading party that their class will be having at some point. She separately gave Nate and I the rundown on that event in great detail. I am just so excited for her to learn how to read on her own. I think she's going to love it. It's going to be a good year!
Walking to school on the big day.

Cate sitting at her new desk, back center. First grade parents weren't allowed to go in the classroom, so I had to snap a shot from the door. And I had no idea that kid in orange blocked the shot...stinker.

3 comments:

bigmimi said...

Everything looks exciting and Cate looks very prepared with her gigantic backpack. Pretty outfit for your first day too. Anna - love your haircut! We will miss the dreadlocks we let you have at the Cape! love from M and G

christian said...

That kid in orange is such a jerk... I bet he pees his pants.

Mawa said...

Oh my - looks like so much fun....

Does Cate's family read a thon go beyond youse guys?

Love you all so much - what a great start to the year!

G&G :-)