Saturday, January 18, 2014

cape cod summer 2013

I'm sitting down today and getting some pictures up from last year. forget the messy house and grocery shopping, this just needs to happen! let's travel back in time to august 2013, right where we left off, shall we?

after many, many years, the maenads moved the annual cape week from sandwich to falmouth. the house was giant and lots of fun, with a big yard and right in town. it had a different feel than what we're used to, but it was so much fun and we're glad we gave it a try. there was a giant park across the street that was great, although we weren't able to use it much the first morning because…

…the Flamouth Road Race ended half a block from our house! we ended up hosting thousands of people that morning. it was crazy but fun! and, since we were there early, we were able to take advantage of all the free food before anyone got there. it was great!




I think this was probably the very best thing we saw at the race. Sweet cousins.
So, I actually didn't take a ton of pictures at the Cape. I was in vacation mode, apparently. But we do have some!

One of the advantages of being in town is we could rent bicycles built for 6. Owen would hold his helmet on for the whole ride, despite laughing and loving it. The kids loved this thing. If you want to get a real feel for how awesome it was, click here to watch a now classic Maynard video




The kids' table.

We experienced haute cuisine all week, including these hamburgers made out of cookies.

At one point, Nate, Jane, Cate, Pat and Herm were abducted by pirates.

Jane decided to drown her fears with a little partying. Who knew pirates liked Bud Light?

Who me? Too much to drink?
Don't worry. I won't accidentally fall overboard. I got this. 

Who gave Cate the cozy?!?!

Okay, it wasn't Bud Light. It was Diet Coke. Pat and I had a little too much fun with the cozy. Also, it was really embarrassing taking all those photos. We felt really dumb but we just couldn't help ourselves.









Back on shore, Sara was teaching Cate and Abby how to be cheerleaders.

We hired a pack mule for the week. It was really helpful.

The park across the street had a baseball diamond, which ended up being home to some of the best softball games the Cape has ever seen.

Behold the Great Cape Cod Flopper. No, seriously. Owen just kept randomly dropping to the group during the softball games. It was hilarious.

Norman brought his kite board and killed it.

He was getting so much air Owen got bored and went back to building sand castles.

For the talent show (I thought I took pictures, but I guess not? I can't find them!), Anna did a "Science Experience." We loved her mis-use of the word and just went with it.

Here's the shot of the whole crew! Thanks for a great week, everyone!



1 comment:

Mawa said...

😄😃😀😊😍