Friday, January 02, 2009

new year!

wow, another year. this past year has been a great one for us, but also a little crazy. I'm looking forward to a year with very little change. hopefully that will really happen. :)

so, as usual, I'm way behind putting pictures up here. hopefully soon. but I need to write down a few things I love about the girls before I forget them.
- I love how cate loves to wear headbands, but they don't ever actually hold her hair back. the front of her hair is always in her face, headband or not. it's so cute.
- recently cate has solidified her parental alliance...with me. she ALWAYS comes to my defense or takes my side in situations. it's really funny. poor nate.
- cate is always making up and singing songs to herself. the other day at the grocery store, she basically sang the whole time. it was so cute and made me happy as I heard her little voice.
- anna's security "blanket" is my hair. when she's eating, snuggling, sick, whatever...she cuddles up, sticks her thumb in her mouth and then holds my hair with the other hand. she's even started doing it to nate. it's seriously so sweet.
- anna is a lazybones. we know she can stand on her own....she stood for a LONG time on christmas day night. we couldn't believe it. but now she refuses to do it. she just collapses. little stinker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cate has learned to never bit the hand that feeds her.

One of the many lessons dogs teach us.

Grampa Herms

Anonymous said...

bite the hand