Monday, October 22, 2007

fires...

as you've probably heard on the news, there are some crazy wildfires going on out here in san diego. thought I'd let you all know that we are fine - we're only a couple of miles from the edge of the evacuation area, but still not too close to the fire. one of the officials said this morning they think it will actually reach the coast, which is totally crazy. hopefully the winds will die down and that won't happen. anyway, we're doing fine. staying inside with the air filters blasting. a few of our good friends have had to evacuate their homes. please keep them in your prayers and pray these fires actually die down instead of continue to grow. will keep you posted if anything happens where we are, but I think we should be safe.

I'll post some happy pictures later to lighten my mood.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

If you need to evacuate, and want to make your way up here to LA, you can stay with us. We are thinking of you guys!

jane maynard said...

thanks, kerri!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane,
I am glad you are OK. We haven't evacuated yet but are pretty close to the evacuation lines too. Both of my Grandmothers have evacuated. Scary. Stay safe!

jane maynard said...

I hope your grandmothers will be okay - I just can't believe how many evacuation areas there are! totally scary - you stay safe too...