Monday, March 10, 2008

delicious (or not) dinner

last night i made a new chicken recipe. cate takes the first bite and says, "oh - my - gosh! how did you make this, mommy?" it was very grown up and sweet. so maybe we have a winner and cate will actually eat her dinner? nice try...next comment: "I don't yike artichokes. they make me choke."

anna loves cate. cate makes her smile and it is so sweet. I left them on the bed just now and as I walked away, I smiled at anna and said, "hi beautiful!" then i hear cate: "hi, beaufiful!" yes, it's beaufiful. so so cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane - this just made me think of a comment my little Grace said to my husband last week. I was away (as usual unfortunately for work), and he was putting her in bed. She grabbed his face and said "Daddy, I'm proud of you." Completely unprovoked. After the initial shock wore off, he had a very misty moment telling me! They can say the darndest things. (then turn around and focus on things like artichokes choking!)

Thanks for this cute story and for the beautiful Anna announcement. Mine was the right color!