Tuesday, January 27, 2009

More Cate-isms

Oh man, where does Cate come up with this stuff? She really cracks us up a lot lately.

We're trying to help her to stop sucking her thumb. During the day we remind her and ask her not to suck her thumb, but at night or during naps we let her have her "biss" (blanket) and pretty much just let the thumb thing slide. Today in the car she was sucking her thumb and I noticed and nicely told her she should take it out. After a few seconds she says, "I was sleeping." Nate and I responded with, "I don't think so...you look pretty awake..." something like that. Anyway, Cate responds in a grouchy tired voice, "Yes I was. I sleep with my eyes open. It's pretty hard to tell." We lost it - could not stop laughing.

Later on in the day I was driving around with her again and she was banging a box really hard on the window. I yelled, "Hey! Please don't bang the window like that!" She very calmly replied, "My name's not Hey." Yeah, we've got a funny one on our hands. :)

1 comment:

MaWa said...

oh my gosh - she is so funny! Smarter than your average 4 year old....