So, Anna has made the "mama" and "dada" sounds for a long time. She does use the mama sound when she wants to eat, so we think she's saying it on purpose. :) We had another "we think she might have said a word" moment the other night! We were playing peek-a-boo two nights ago. Here's how it usually goes. The blanket goes on her head, we say "Where's Anna?" a million times, then she pulls it off and we yell "There she is!" We had done this several times and one time after she pulled the blanket off she said, "AA-NAH!" Cate and Nate were both witnesses. Then, the next day, I was pushing her into a fitting room and saying her name bunch and she said "AA-NAH" again. So, we THINK she can say her name! :)
The other day Cate went outside and goes running into the shade yelling, "It's too sunny!" To which I replied, "What are you a vampire?" Which of course she doesn't know what a vampire is...so, I say it's another type of Halloween monster who doesn't like light. But that they're not real. She says, "Yeah, but some vampires are real." I say, "No, they're just pretend, just like witches." "But witches ARE real, Mommy." "No, Cate, they're just pretend." Then things got pretty heated - she was not happy that I was saying that witches are pretned. Her final line was, "They ARE real, Mom! They fly!" That's her proof that witches are real. SO CUTE. So, I just said, "okay, fine, they're real." and left it at that. Apparently she's more upset by the idea that witches aren't real than by the idea that there are witches out there!
Our neighbors and friends Natalee & Rob have a little girl named Vivian who is 18 months old. Cate loves her and always makes sure she is okay at the park, etc. Cate has two other friends named Ava & Lilly who are sisters and closer to Cate's age - one a little older, one a little younger. Okay, so this morning Cate says, "Vivian is my best friend, Mommy." I say, "That's so nice, Cate." Then she says, "Ava and Lilly don't believe me that she is my best friend, but I know she is." It was so cute. I can just hear the conversation with Ava & Lilly - "No, Cate, Vivian is a baby. She can't be your best friend." Cate yelling back, "Yes she is!" Cracks me up. It's also crazy to me that Cate has her own life going on, that I'm no longer privvy to all of her conversations and interactions with people. I mean, I know it's been that way for a little while, but it's still crazy. She's growing up.
2 comments:
That Cate is funny with her witch comments. She is probably just a witch lover like her Aunt Jess. Once Jess and I had a conversation about witches because I really wasn't excited about her choice to do research on witches in early middle school- it didn't really go that well...., so she wrote on the window- in either wax or soap (so I couldn't really see it) I LOVE WITCHES - I found it a few days later.
so you can see she gets it from Jess.I would love to hear Anna say her name - she is also a complete and utter genius and such a funny little girl! It is amazing what they hear and understand.
bvi
Post a Comment