Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween from Cate & Anna! (The only way I could get Anna to sit still longer than 0.0005 seconds was to let her eat a leaf.)

I took a bunch of pictures of Cate in her costume, then we realized after we forgot the antennas! So, I took a few close-ups with the antennas because, of course, we'd already removed her wings (don't worry, it doesn't hurt). Anyway, I'm glad I forgot them for the other pictures, because HOW CUTE are these?!?!




Here are her awesome, beautiful butterfly wings! I'm so glad she chose butterfly.

Thank you to Christy Robinson who was the original inspiration for the wing design. And thank you to Melissa Esplin who let me stay at her house for hours on end using her sewing machine, tools, cool wire, cool glue, etc...and for lending a helping hand!

I'll try to get more shots of Anna in her costume today...the girl is just so darn wiggly.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME...thanks sooooo much for posting these pictures...I love the stories and pictures...Makes my day...we ALL enjoy them soooo much>.....

Malerie said...

Wow Jane. I'm seriously impressed. Those are some awesome butterfly wings!

Melissa said...

Great costumes, Jane!

Christy said...

great job on the wings jane!!

Lindsay said...

love the antennae pictures, and the leaf-eating pumpkin

Anonymous said...

This leaf eating must come from the Maynard side - I think I have seen Abby gorge on a few- one day ong ago in a New England pumpkin patch.

Jen said...

your little girls are beautiful. I love the butterfly costume. I loved reading your blog and seeing what you guys are up to...glad all is well

coreyandseth said...

Hi Martha Stewart!! Jane, that costume was amazing!! I'm seriously impressed..not that i would have ever doubted your sewing/crafting abilities..I'm just in awe that you could create something so beautiful! Cate was the perfect butterfly..and Anna was quite the adorable pumpkin! Looks like Halloween was a fun time! Hugs from NJ

coreyandseth said...

hey jane! forgot to mention..lisa & ali condie are both having boys!! lisa: child #4 & 5 and Ali: child #3!!! insane! hope you are doing well!